The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 5 continued

After a lot of walking, and just enjoying the sights, we headed in the direction of the Fullerton Hotel. We got to where we could see it. The buffet didn't start until 8:00 and it was 7:15, so we found a bench and waited.

And waited.

And waited......


"Well that is a pretty view.""And that is a pretty view. But oh my, it is showing up too dark."
"I think I will walk around this corner and see what is over here.
"Well look at that, 3 Buddha heads."
"Now what is Brent up to?"
"That picture was too blue. Let me try this..."
"Well that was much worse."
"What about this?"
"That is better."
"What time is it now?"
"7:40?"
"Ugh!"
"I wonder what the boys are doing."
"I guess I will play with my camera some more."
"Ooh, that was nice."
"Kind of artsy fartsy."
"Let's start walking to the Fullerton."

"There it is!!!!"
"Chocolate Buffet, here we come!"
"Oh, be still my heart."
(There were no pictures of Brent's plates, nor of my second, because I was in a trance.)

"Let me sneak a picture of one of the tables without trying to look like "the country girl coming to town.""
As much as we didn't want to leave, we went back to our hotel and slept happily ever after!

No comments: