The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I was tagged.

I was tagged by Tamara to write a 6-word sentence that would summarize my life. I have thought a while as to what it should be, so here is what I have come up with.

“He leadeth me beside quiet waters…”

I know that it is also in the header of this blog, but there is a reason for that.

First, the literal aspect of it: We live on a pond. It is so nice to just look out and see the ducks floating along, or the reflection of the trees across the water. Something about the water itself is calming.

Secondly, I feel that my life is like those calm, quiet waters. I have been blessed with so many wonderful things in my life, and I realize they truly are a blessing. I have 2 wonderful, healthy children, and a husband who loves me -for me. I am not proclaiming that we have a perfect life, only that I have so many things to be thankful for. We have not had any major challenges or catastrophes come our way and I am thankful to the Lord every day for that.

As I think back over the 9 years we have been married, (Our anniversary was yesterday!) I have wonderful memories of the boys being born, moving to our house, vacations together, etc. and I pray that the Lord will continue to bless us as he has.

4 comments:

Chad said...

Happy Anniversary

Unknown said...

hey! i stumbled on your site through pioneer woman :) i love your page!

if you like to enter giveaways, i have one every friday so swing by and leave a comment!

Unknown said...

Very sweet post! We are so blessed too and I like reading stuff like this b/c it reminds me to be thankful! Thanks!

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary(a bit late)