The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Friday, June 20, 2008

Talent

Whew. I am looking forward to being at home tomorrow. I have literally been busy since June 1st. We had VBS at church, (which I will get back to in a minute), then the family, minus Reese, went on a whirlwind trip to Arkansas. And just a side note, I appreciate being from Alabama even more after that trip. It was just so flat and different. I was happy to get back home. Then 4 days back at work and I left again for a girl’s weekend at the beach. We had a great time, but as soon as I got back home, it was back to work. I think I am just getting old!

Back to VBS……..This was the first year I helped with one of the rooms at VBS. Julie taught in the room I helped in and I was blessed just being a part of it. I met Julie when we were paired together as college roommates. I studied business and she studied education. We had a few classes together but they were only ones that you would call core classes. I say all that to say that I have never watched or listened to her teach before. Her ability to teach the children and grab their attention was amazing. It was even more amazing to watch her teach 5th and 6th graders one night, and then the very next night teach Kindergarteners and 1st graders. She has used the talents that God has blessed her with, to teach others about God and the wonderful stories we read of in the Bible. She is an amazing and inspiring person and I know that the children she comes in contact with will always remember the things she has taught them, because I’ll always remember them too.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

OK - how cool is that? HOW did you get your blog list to display the last posts?

Melissa Lester said...

She is amazing! Both the boys have talked about how much they loved having her as a teacher, and Carson remembers facts she taught him when he was in kindergarten.

Three plus Me said...

Thanks for the kind words. I really needed that encouragement, your timing is perfect. God's truly blessed me with a wonderful friend for life! I'll never forget the day my parents left after taking me to college and how upset I was. But, you were brave and kept me going and focused on other things. Thank You for that!