The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Interesting Morning

On the way to church this morning, I looked back at Brooks and noticed this rash all over his legs. I asked him if it itched and he said no. When we got to church Brent inspected it too and we both just looked at each other like "well what is this?" My aunt was getting out of her car so we called her over to look at it, she didn't know either. So, she took Reese inside and Brent and I came up with our plan. He called Melany and she met him to go see the doctor this morning, while I went on to church. The doctor said it is Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. Well that is one we haven't had yet. Brooks just has to stay away from children and pregnant women this week. I think we can handle that. The good thing is, he doesn't feel bad at all.

Not to leave Reese completely out.... he has said two funny things today that made me laugh out loud.
1. On the way to church this morning he said, "Mom, I smell bacon." (please note we had waffles for breakfast)
2. During church this morning he said OUT LOUD "Mom did you poot?"
Maybe his "smeller" is just broke!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Our Brooks had that (I think) and it was no big deal. And, he didn't get it from a cow...

carrie said...

Todd has had that. It is weird since they do not feel bad. You just never know what kids are going to say!

Three plus Me said...

Reese makes me laugh! He's such a sweet boy, both of your's are!

Leah said...

Poor Brooks...glad he's not feeling too bad.

Reese CRACKS me up!!