The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Friday, September 25, 2009

Dark Side of the Moon

Yesterday, on the way home from daycare, Reese says..... "Mom, I want to go to the dark side of the moon."

Ummmmm......
What?

I started thinking...."Now where could he have heard Pink Floyd at?"

He then says, "The dark side of the moon is where outer space starts. I want to go to outer space. He then makes a rocket with his hands, counts down from 10 to 1, and shoots his hands into the air. I said, "Did you learn about space at school today?" He then told me that he had.

Whew!


The other day he was eating a snack and started coughing.
He said, "Mom, I need to go throw up."
"I am going to throw up."
"Wait, I have snack in my mouth. Let me swallow this."
"I can't throw up."
"Mom, if you push on my stomach right here, it will help me throw up."


Last week, he was at Gammie's house and walked up to her and murmured a "bad word" to her, "Stupid"
She said, "What did you say?"
He said, "I didn't say stupid."
She then threatened him with what discipline would be enforced if he said that again, and gave him "the look." He stared right back at her. He then made his eyes really big at her, as if to say, "I can stare right back at you." Gammie then looked down at her sewing, knowing that staring at Reese was not going to get her anywhere. He then said, "Gammie, I am still looking at you!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so hard not to laugh at them sometimes, even when they are getting into trouble!