The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Santa came to Brent and I.....really!

Santa Claus came to our house this year.

Really.

I'm not making a joke... he really did.

On Christmas night we were cleaning up things in the living room. We found this toy, and when I say toy, it was more like a computer gadget for an adult. See the link here. I didn't buy it. Brent didn't buy it. I called all of the family members that were at our house that day. No one brought it, nor did anyone know anything about it.

SANTA!!!!

This morning I was trying to decide what to wear. It is FRIGID in Alabama right now. I don't own too many things that would keep me warm in 19 degree weather! I had some clothing laying on the floor beside my chest of drawers. It was laying there because it won't fit in the drawers. (I KNOW that means I need to clean out my drawers, but that isn't the point of this story.) I look over at it and there is this shirt that would be perfect to wear under a sweater. I have never seen it before. I don't know where it came from.

SANTA!!!!!

I am sticking with the story that Santa really did come to see us. In fact, I rang our Polar Express bell that was hanging on the tree, and I could hear it ring.

I guess we made the "nice" list this year.

5 comments:

tamblair said...

Okay - you're gonna have to be a little more specific about the "toy." Cause when you say grown-up toy, my mind just goes all kinds of places it shouldn't... ;)

Rebecca said...

Tamara, you have made me decide to edit my post.....

tamblair said...

Okay - I've never seen anything like that! I think if I "found" it in my living room, I might have been tempted to squish it!! Thanks for the clarification...

Rebecca said...

I am still laughing about what the original post said when I re-read it.

Unknown said...

Oh now! I wish I could have read the original post! ha ha