The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Monday, February 15, 2010

Yet another one...

The other night we were eating at a Chinese restaurant and Reese (while pointing) blurts out, "Hey look at that big..."
At this point I pulled him to me (rather quickly) and did not let him finish what he was going to say, because a rather large gentleman had just walked by. He then kept trying to say the same thing, and I kept getting closer to his face trying to get him to be quiet.
He finally stopped talking and I then explained to him quietly that it is not nice to talk about people. I tried to make it where he would understand. I said that sometimes people don't like that they are big and it would hurt their feelings if we talked about the way they looked. He acted like he finally understood.

Whew!

We continue eating and Reese then comments (rather loudly) as a lady was walking by our table, "Hey, I bet she is glad that she isn't big!"

I give up.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Rebecca your stories absolutely make my day! All the time! :) Thanks for posting them!

Unknown said...

Hee, well I bet she is glad.

carrie said...

Very funny! I bet he keeps you all on your toes!