The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Monday, May 2, 2011

L2L

Last weekend we went to the Lads to Leaders convention in Atlanta. I was so proud of Brooks! He read scripture and led a song. I would have been scared to death to do this at his age. What am I saying, I would probably still be scared, to get up in front of that many strangers.
If you asked him what he enjoyed the most from the weekend, he would probably say jumping on the beds. Everyone knows the rule is you can only jump on hotel beds, and only if you are a kid.

(I just noticed his shirt, hair, and the wall behind him are too much of the same color!)

On a side note, Reese stayed with my parents and had to deal with a MRSA staph infection on his elbow. It seems anytime we go off and leave the kids, they get sick. We just finished the antibiotic tonight. So hopefully no more of that to deal with.

banner (2)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Rebecca, he looks so grown up! And Larry has also instilled in my boys that hotel beds are for jumping.

Leigh said...

So for the record I think that you should put a picture up of your golden pond and if I would've known ya'll had that we would've totally taken our engagement pictures there!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! :) And Brooks is absolutely precious! Definitely the highlight of my weekend last weekend! :)