The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Thursday, September 5, 2013

My latest project....

I wanted a change as far as makeup and skincare goes.  I have been using the same types of things for years.  I am not getting any younger, and figured I needed to start taking better care of my skin so that 30 plus years from now, Lord willing, I won't wish I had done more in my youth.  So I am starting now.  With that comes even more change......
We have a master bathroom that is on the smaller side when you consider the house was built in 1998.  It is fine, but again, I just wanted a change.  So below was my project last weekend.

This was the space before.  Notice the junk pile to the left :/




This was the space when I was done.  YAY! A vanity for me!!

The bowl was purchased at Walmart to hold my brushes in.  I added decorative marbles to hold them up.


The lamp was also purchased at Walmart.  I swapped out the shade that I bought for this one that was on another lamp, because it helped give off more light.

The desk is simple, yet perfect for my needs.  I haven't found a chair yet.  That is this weekend's project.

Right now everything is in that drawer, but it is already overflowing.  Next on my list is an acrylic organizer.  Then, I think I will be done.  Then on to the next project.  Hmmm......

banner (2)

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Isn't it crazy what a few simple changes can do??? I am in the midst of doing the same thing. We've been on our house for 10 years, and so much is unchanged. It's time to spruce things up a bit! Have fun with your projects. Keep us posted!