The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Saturday, September 29, 2007

See Spot Run

My mother-in-law had me and my mother over to eat on Monday night. When I got there she had a "surprise" for me. She sat down with Brooks and opened this book and he began to read the words! I was shocked. Let me point out that it was very simple words but I was still very proud. She has been having "school time" with him when she keeps him while Reese is taking his morning nap. I am so proud of him!

No comments: