The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am thankful for moments.

I am thankful for moments with my family and friends. All too often, I do not appreciate them. So many times, as one of my children are being particularly defiant, I have thought to myself, "Only 15 more minutes until his bedtime." I acutally look forward to the time when I wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.

I am thankful for today, that I have been given as a gift from God. I am going to cherish each moment with my family and friends and try to always remember these moments are a gift.

It makes me think of the lyrics to a song by my favorite artist...

So I'm gonna love my neighbor,
and I'm gonna love my wife.
Wrap my arms around my children,
and pray with them each night.
Thank God for all the good things,
'cause the good things are enough.
The ties that bind and leave behind,
a legacy of love.

No comments: