The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally the Furniture

We ordered new bedroom furniture February 17th. This weekend, MAY 1ST, we finally have it in our room. It is a long story and I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say we had a month off broken furniture sitting in half open boxes all over our house. I am so glad it is all over with.

There are a few details that I need to finish, before I can declare the room done, but I thought I would show y'all and if you have any advice, that would be great.





I don't think it needs anything above the headboard, but what is your opinion?

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Gammie says: nothing above the headboard and as a gammie talking, secure the TV to the wall so it doesn't kill Reese.

Sylvia said...

And I really like it!

tamblair said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love it! Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very nice furniture finally. Not broken up or anything. And, since you asked, I would put the TV on a TV stand maybe next to the chest of drawers. Then you can put something lovely on the wall above the chest and/or "accessorize" the top of the chest.

Dee Dee said...

All I can think of to say is "WOW" beautiful furniture.

Louise said...

I'm no decorator so I have no suggestions but I LOVE the furniture!!! It is beautiful!!!!

Three plus Me said...

That furniture is beautiful! Worth the wait! You did good!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I would put something on the side walls, not over the headboard. Maybe some sconces or something? If you decide to do something over the headboard, keep it simple. I'm partial to the vinyl words. :)

carrie said...

Very pretty furniture. I woudn't do anything over the headboards because the headboard is so decorative. Looks vwery nice!