The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Pirate House

Our trip to Savannah had one thing on the itinerary before we left....go to The Pirate House. (And go to The Lady and Sons, so I guess it was really two.)

I had been to this restaurant while on a trip with our youth group after we went to somewhere? in Georgia and brought VBS to a small church. I remembered there was a lot of history to the restaurant, but couldn't remember all about it.

Brent's grandmother actually worked here at one point!

You can read all about the history of the restaurant here.

We were seated next to the Herb House inside which was quite interesting.Here is picture of Brent and I inside....

OK, sorry. I don't have a picture of Brent and I inside because people (our waiter) don't listen when I tell them how to use my camera. "Push the button half way for it to focus, then push it again." Is that hard? Anyway, the picture is way too blurry.

We had a great time at the Pirate House, and as we were leaving, our tour bus was stopped outside the restaurant, which made it perfect timing for us to go seek out our next adventure...
banner (2)

No comments: