Brent and I recently bought some vitamins because we want to be better about taking them. As dinner was winding down last night, we remembered that we hadn’t taken them yet. I began clearing the dishes away and he got the vitamins out and laid one on the table where I had been sitting. Reese was still finishing his food and Brent sat back down to finish up. I came back over to the table and couldn’t find the vitamin. Brent thought quickly and looked at Reese and asked him if he had taken the vitamin. Reese nodded his head in sadness. Thankfully he hadn’t swallowed it yet and we made him spit it out. What possessed him!?!?!
They finished eating and we got Reese’s “homework” out. He had a laminated flip chart that had letters on it, and he had to match some little letters with Velcro on them to the chart. He did a good job and got to the end and couldn’t find the “U”. I didn’t think to much about it because this assignment gets passed around from child to child each night. I just figured the “U” was missing. A few moments later our dog Harley coughed up the letter “U” onto the kitchen floor. What in the world?
I guess I need to have a talk with the whole family, including Harley; that we do not eat things that do not belong to us.