The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Friday, August 1, 2008

Conversation

Me: Brooks, Why isn't Austin on all the Backyardigans episodes? All of the other people are on each show.

Brooks: Mom, He just isn't.

Me: Well, Leo, Quincy, June, and Annie are on every episode of Little Einsteins. What if Annie wasn't in one of the shows? Wouldn't that be weird.

Brooks: She got to fly Rocket one time and go rescue all of her friends.

Me: But she was still in the show. Brooks, I am just wondering why Austin isn't in each show. Every time I see this, he is not on here.

Brooks: Maybe he isn't home. Maybe he went to the store. Or maybe he went to visit his grandmother. That would be nice wouldn't it?

Me: I guess it would. I still wish he was in each show, don't you?

Brooks: ...........silence............

(He has now tuned me out and is enthralled in what Uniqua and Tasha are doing. Looking back, I probably would have tuned me out too.)

6 comments:

Louise said...

I love to hear Brooks' conversations!! :)

tamblair said...

All time low, Rebecca. Worried about a Little Einstein's character. And initiating a conversation about it with your kid. You crack me up!!

Three plus Me said...

Hey, you're not crazy! I've wondered that same thing myself! Do you think that we analyze things too much?

Leah said...

Precious conversation! Just the beginning of many more tuned out!!

Jason Mullenix said...

You made me laugh. That was so funny. I have not watched them enough to know who all is on there but what's sad is when your kids are not around and you find yourself watching these shows. Hope to meet Brooks someday he sounds like an awesome boy (must take after his father lol).

Melissa Lester said...

Hilarious! Our kids always cast themselves in the roles of the shows they watch, so we noticed that Austin/Carson was not in many episodes. I just thought it was because he was a little too old to enjoy the little kids' play as much as the rest of the group.

I've always enjoyed the children's casting fun, until last week when Emma pointed to Ursula from the Little Mermaid and insisted, "Dat you, Mama! Dat you!"