The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Saturday, September 20, 2008

About Me

I was tagged by Kristin to write 6 things you may not know about me. I have been trying to come up with 6 ever since I read her post. Here goes:

1. I have been trying to lose weight since mid June. I remember the dates because I had just gotten back from the beach with my friends at work. I haven’t made it publicly known because of the fear of failure. I have done really good and am proud of myself. I still have a good ways go though.
2. I always fast forward to the second chapter in Finding Nemo for the kids. By this point they probably don’t even know how the movie starts. I guess this is like fast forwarding to the color part of the Wizard of Oz.
3. My work life and my home life are pretty opposite in that at work, I have to stay with what I am doing until I get it done. I just have to. I can’t stand for a project to just be sitting on my desk. At home though, I can leave 50 half-finished things laying around to do, and all I can think is “I’ll get to those one day.”
4. My husband and I have separate checking accounts. We both love it. We divided up the bills and we each have things we are responsible for paying, and other than that, we can do with our money what ever we want.
5. I have a part time job. Let me explain: I bring work home and do it at night. I get paid differently for the work I do at home. This was a win/win situation for our company, because they didn’t have to hire anyone new and deal with training someone new, and I get to make a little extra money. It is also pretty flexible, so I pretty much control the work load.
6. I am so thankful to have discovered blogging. It has let me reconnect with old friends, that otherwise I would have not been able to. I love each and everyone of you!

This was hard for me because I had previously posted 100 things about me. Who knows I probably included some of the above in those. This was fun! A lot more fun than cleaning out summer clothes in the boys room. If you need me that is where I’ll be.

5 comments:

carrie said...

I love that we have all gotten back in touch with each other, too. I enjoy seeing each of our thoughts, struggles, and victories. Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Dee Dee said...

You left out that you are the sweet mother of two precious boys and you are always calm and happy every time I see you. It helps to have a sweet momma and daddy.

Dee Dee (Diann Mills)

Leah said...

I have to comment on #1...I thought you looked like you'd lost some weight, but I didn't want to say anything...good for you! You look great! I also think it's cool you guys have seperate accounts! I would LOVE not to be asked what I spent $30 at Target for!!!! :) (guess I need a job in order to have my own account!)

tamblair said...

I do the same thing with Nemo. That's funny. It is just too sad, I think. And good luck with the weight. You know I will be thinking about you!!

Unknown said...

Add me to the second chapter Nemo camp. It was on TV not too long ago, so we saw the first part and I thought, wow, I forgot how sad this is.