The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Broken Engagement?

Brooks told me that he didn't want to get married to his friend anymore.

He said, "Mom, I don't want to marry her anymore."
I said, "Why?"
He said, "She said that when we get married, she is going to spank me."

9 comments:

carrie said...

Wow. That is interesting! The things kids come up with cracks me up.

Kristi said...

Yeah, he'll probably make that a prereq later on...

Debbie said...

That is hilarious! Hey you mentioned you would like to hostess on BATW? Can you click on my profile and shoot me an email..we can set up a date!

Heidi said...

hhmmmmm...

What Kristi said craked me up cause that was one of my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

That just cracks me up ~ I am glad that he knows a bossy woman when he hears one and knows to pack it all in!

Chad said...

Say what you want, but I have to say I agree with him on this one. :)

Kelly said...

WOW. I mean, WOW.

Unknown said...

Slow down there Brooks!! Most guys would love that!! haha!! That is too funny!!

Valerie said...

That was absolutely the funniest thing I've read in a while. Loved it!