The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Warning-Useless Knowledge!

*Warning, I am about to share a something funny about a common church song that we all know. Once you read this post, ever time you hear that song, you will think about what I am about to reveal to you. Or if you are like me you would. If you want to be spared from the useless knowledge I have in my head, stop reading.

You have been warned.

All of us are very familiar with the song "You are the words and the music." My dad pointed out years ago that whoever wrote it, just used the same tune to another song he had in his record collection. Yes, I said record collection. Then he pulled out the record and played it for me. I have to say that I agree with him. The tunes are only the same on the verse part of the song. Are you curious???
What better song to have copied than Marty Robbin's "Devil Woman"!!! Don't believe me? See for yourself. Sing the beloved, uplifting, "You are the words and the music" in your head as you listen.

I warned you. Welcome to my world of useless knowledge.


Devil Woman - Marty Robbins

3 comments:

T. Brodie said...

That's interesting! Another one we think of... The "We Gather Here" one with the "come take the bread, come drink the cup" line sounds just like a song out of Beauty and the Beast!

Leah said...

Too funny!!

Unknown said...

hahahaha!!