The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Excuse me, Is there steam coming out of my ears?

The boys were wrestling in the living room Tuesday night while I was trying to cook dinner. I told them to stop touching each other because someone was going to get hurt. Next thing you know, Brooks is crying and holding his ear. I hurriedly went and got Reese and disciplined him and made him stand in the corner in the kitchen. I told Brooks that I was sorry that he got hurt, but I had told them to stop touching each other. After a few minutes Reese was allowed to leave the corner and I told him he could go play in the playroom. I followed him in there, intending to tell them again, how to play sweetly. Reese walked in and says, “Sorry Brooks.”
I did not prompt him to say that, so I was feeling a little more up beat, thinking there might be some hope for them yet, but that feeling was soon sucked right out of my body by Brooks saying the following….
“It’s ok, I was just fake crying anyway.”

I think steam, no no FIRE, shot out of my ears.

You might even still smell smoke in the air.

3 comments:

Leah said...

OH MY! Little boys! What else can you say!

carrie said...

Nothing like that to ruin your hopes. I would have been furious, too.

Louise said...

That is so funny!!! I still think they are both great!! :)