The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Friday, April 9, 2010

3 Rivers

This past Monday was "opening day" for the 3 Rivers Cotton Systems Baseball Team. I have to admit I was a little pumped too! Here they are getting their pre-game pep talk.Brooks up to bat. He didn't hit the ball this game like he did in their scrimmage, but he didn't let that get him down.And their is a handsome third base coach. Who is that?Brooks in right field.Here is Brooks in the dug out (second from left -of kids sitting) with his fellow teammates.They won 10-3. What a great way to open the season!I just love those little guys!

3 comments:

tamblair said...

You are hooked!!! It's official - you're a baseball mom!! And you just tell your little man that even the pros who get paid the big bucks don't always hit well... I have to remind my little man of that ALL THE TIME. Glad they started out with a victory!

Rebecca said...

I will admit it Tamara. It is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I can't really explain why.

kboan said...

I agree with Tamara, you are hooked! There's nothing like watching your boys play ball!