The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rick and Bubba

This past Tuesday morning, Mom, Dad and I got up early, and I mean real early, and traveled to Birmingham to go watch the Rick and Bubba show. Mom had gotten Golden Ticket Seats for us to go, and I was so excited. I have been listening to them on the radio for over 10 years now.

Bubba had just purchased a new Apple Ipad the night before so he was showing it to us during the commercial breaks. He even passed it around. I must say, it kind of made me want one.

This was them during a commercial break right before they were about to go back on the air.

At the end of the show they gladly took pictures with whomever wanted them.
Here are Mom and Dad with Rick and Bubba.
Here is me with Speedy.
They all were super nice and so kind. Speedy said as we were leaving, "It's people out there like y'all that make us do the show." How cool is that!

3 comments:

tamblair said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!! Those golden tickets are hard to come by! They are too funny and amazing Christian men!

Louise said...

I LOVE R&B!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I know it was so much fun!! Did ya'll take any food with you??? :)

Rebecca said...

Louise, Mom made some tea cakes, and some scotcheroos. Unfortunately, they had a lady on the show that makes cakes, so everyone enjoyed her cake. On the bright side we had cake too!