The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I knew it was coming

I haven't had a chance in a couple of days to sit down and post anything. So here is my story from earlier in the week. Brent and I were laying around on Sunday afternoon, (isn't that what you are supposed to do?) while the kids were napping. At least we thought they were napping. Suddenly we heard this loud thud, followed by hysterical crying. Reese (15 months) climbed and fell out of his crib! Brent jumped up and ran toward his room and by the time he got to the door Reese was coming out of the room.
Brooks never did this. I mean, he never even attempted to do this. I know every child is different, but it looks like this is going to be an interesting next couple of years.
Let's hope that Reese has already forgotten how he did that.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

HA! I'm sure that ours will be the same way. Kate will be 3 in February, and we STILL have her in her crib! She has NEVER tried to climb out!
And, our Brooks will be just like Reese, I'm sure, and HE'LL be climbing out soon... I can just feel it...

tamblair said...

My second one did the same thing! We finally broke down and put her in a bed this summer after climbing out three times. It is definitely an adventure. At least he is okay!