The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Prayer Request

Brent and my day started with a call to let us know that our dear friends Charlie and Julie's son Cooper had to be air-lifted to Children's Hospital in B'ham last night. He just turned 11 months old and is just the cutest! He was having problems breathing and Julie took him to her pediatrician, which sent them to Baptist South, which sent them to B'ham. We drove up there this afternoon and he seems to be doing better. They are going to keep him at least until tomorrow up there. They should know some test results tomorrow as to what he actually has. (Maybe Bronchiolitis?) Please everyone keep Cooper and the family in your prayers.
The thing that struck me the most about the situation was Julie telling me about how she felt as she was leaving Baptist South and watched her son fly away in a helicopter. I CANNOT IMAGINE!!!
It really made me stop and think about the whole situation. Here I am getting stressed out about Thanksgiving, (do I have all my ingredients for the dressing, where is everyone going to sit, should we use the fine china, etc.) when if you step back and thing about it, it doesn't really matter. Most of the things we worry about in life, really don't matter in the long run. These are all just things. Things don't matter. Family, friends, relationships, and most importantly Faith is all that really matters.
I will try and post tomorrow when I hear more.

2 comments:

carrie said...

Cooper and his family are in my prayers. It is amazing how disoriented we become at times and totally lose focus. Thanks for the reminder. Keep us posted!

Kristi said...

My goodness - I will call you today and check on him. That has got to be so scary for them all. I also can't imagine!