The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 10, March 18th

We began this day by eating yet another buffet, this time at the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel in Jakarta. It was wonderful. We then took a cab to Jakarta International School where Brent graduated from. This is the front of it where you have to go through security. Here is another picture of their security. You can't just drive on the campus. It is like a fortress. This picture was from inside the campus, looking back at where you would drive out.
Can you believe that this is a high school campus. Gorgeous fountain!
Here is one of the "hallways."
This was down by the track. I was standing in the "lunch room" when I took this picture, but it is all so open, that I don't know if you would even call it a room.
I just took this picture so you could see the fence that is around the whole school. Look how high it is!
After that, we went to a mall to do some shopping. This was the ceiling where the escalators were in the store.
Just a typical picture of the streets. I took this from the window of the mall.
Just had to include this one!
This was in the middle of another mall. There is stuff everywhere. We were on the second floor.
And this is looking up to the other levels. Most of these stores are electronics stores, and they seem to all have about the same things.
We took this picture for the boys. They love Buzz and Woody!
That night we met some family friends at a different mall for supper. We ate dumplings and they might have been the best I have had in a long time. Afterwards we went to a gelato shop and had some yummy dessert. I got strawberry gelato and it was so good! I kicked myself later for not getting any pictures of everyone together but oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys had a great trip and that you are back! Let me know if you have any trouble with my blog. Emmy