The South

Where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. -unknown

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paces


This picture is not eye catching but there is a story behind it I had to share. Brent and I were at Arlington National Cemetery. We were at Arlington House and were trying to figure out how to get to JFK’s gravesite from there. We decided to ask a national parks service employee. He walked over to this chain railing, unhooked it, and said “Follow me 10 paces.” Brent and I looked at each other with that look that you know what the other one is thinking. I mean who says 10 paces? Why not “follow me” or “come this way”? Anyway, we walked out past the rail and he pointed down this hill and said that was where we were trying to get to. We could not see it if we had not gone past the railing. So, it was really nice of him to do that, and I got to snap a picture that I couldn’t have gotten otherwise. We followed a path down to the gravesite. My only complaint is that it felt like it was 1000 paces to get there. :)

No comments: